Summary of position
Do you love bringing ideas to life through art, design, and animation? Does the idea of working at a small, creative health tech company (with free snacks and office dogs) in Baltimore's historic Fells Point sound intriguing? Then talk to Rendia!
Rendia helps doctors and patients understand each other by using visuals to convey important medical information. We are hiring a motion designer with an interest in visually communicating health concepts, and experience in design, illustration, and animation.
Duties and Responsibilities
The motion designer will create imagery to be used as part of Rendia's patient education software platform. You will be responsible for researching anatomy and medical procedures so that they are accurate, while ensuring that the style fits with Rendia's beautiful look and feel that aims to put patients at ease.
Skills and Experience
- Comfortable producing motion graphic and 3D content from concept to delivery (storyboarding, 2D/3D asset development, animation, compositing and editing, encoding)
- Strong design and typography skills
- Expertise in After Effects and Photoshop
- Experience with Illustrator, Audition, Premiere, Media Encoder preferred
- Demonstrated attention to technical detail in illustrations
- Good 3D Studio Max or equivalent 3D package skills, including modelling, texturing, and animation
- Experience with a variety of 3rd party motion graphic plugins (i.e., Element 3D)
- An artistic background, preferably with a Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design, motion graphics or a related field
- Expert at communicating ideas visually and bringing complex concepts to life
- Interest in human biology and anatomy
- Knowledge of the latest trends in design and animation
- Ability to focus on the details without losing sight of the big picture
- Strong verbal and written communication and organization skills for interdepartmental collaboration
- Self-motivated with strong problem solving capabilities and able to work with minimum supervision
- Open to critical review and able to embrace change
- Takes responsibility and ownership for own tasks, decisions and outcomes
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and link to your portfolio and demo reel if you have one. In your email, please explain why you are interested in joining Rendia and list projects that would be relevant to the role and our company's mission.
We offer a competitive benefits package including 401k, health, vision and dental insurance, paid holidays, PTO and paid parental leave.